The network with six of the top 10 charter high schools in the nation and the top charter high school in Texas* BASIS Charter Schools is opening our 5th San Antonio campus. Located in the northwest part of SA, we plan to open BASIS San Antonio-Jack Lewis Jr. campus in August 2022 serving grades K–12. BASIS San Antonio-Jack Lewis Jr. will begin accepting applications for grades K-8 in fall 2021! Please join our interest list to stay up to date on all news and announcements related to BASIS Charter Schools.
* U.S. News & World Report, 2020
BASIS Charter Schools are open enrollment, tuition-free public charter schools serving grades K–12. We offer a STEM-infused liberal arts curriculum that fuels critical thinking, creativity, and subject mastery. Our curriculum provides foundations in language, literacy, civics, history, science, math, movement, engineering, performance arts, visual arts, and music.
The BASIS Charter School Curriculum engages, challenges, and inspires:
- Our curriculum is designed to spiral key concepts and skills. This structure of advancing and reinforcing content prepares students to excel from kindergarten through AP courses.
- Our innovative integration of courses and content teaches students to organize their thinking around conceptual synthesis.
- Our academic program emphasizes interdisciplinary connections, which boost critical thinking skills and provide students with a deeper understanding of the topic.
- Our vibrant arts program allows students to express themselves creatively through music, performance arts, and visual arts.
- Our students have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of extracurricular activities, honor societies, sports, and specials.
About Jack Lewis, Jr.
- A leader in the San Antonio community as the managing partner at a law firm and Board Chairman/member for multiple groups including Jefferson Bank and the Sam Houston District of the Boy Scouts of America
- Jack attended Alamo Heights schools before earning multiple degrees including a BBA from the University of Texas at Austin (1954) and a JD from St. Mary’s University (1957)
- Jack was devoted to his family and enjoyed traveling and spending time in the great outdoors.
- Steve C. Lewis, Jack’s son, is an advocate for education reform and school choice, and is one of the primary reasons why high-quality charter operators, such as BASIS Charter Schools, are in San Antonio.
- BASIS Texas received a generous donation in the name of Jack Lewis, Jr.